The “1st Pancyprian Scientific Conference: “Environmental Outlook-Cyprus 2014” was held with a great success on Wednesday 28th of May 2014 at the “Pefkios Georgiades” Amphitheatre at the Cyprus Technological University with more than 250 participants.
The conference was under the sponsorship of the Minister of Environment and Rural Development mr. Nikos Kouyialis and many public and private agencies, educational institutes and services of the country associated to environmental research were invited as to present their projects.
The Conference aims were:
- The mapping of the research activities / responsibilities of the different agencies and departments of public and private sector, and
- The recording of the main research results that present / are associated to the environmental situation in Cyprus today.
- The exploring of the current and future employment opportunities for young Environmental Scientists in Cyprus.
In particular the Conference was split in 4 consecutive thematic sessions:
- Biodiversity and Nature Conservation
- Chemistry, mechanics and technology of the environment
- Marine Environment and Climate Change
- Environmental Health
Furthermore, during the conference a number of projects listed within the 4 pre-mentioned sessions were presented. The conference ended with a roundtable discussion focusing on the employment opportunities for young Environmental Scientists in Cyprus.