The objectives of the Environmental Education Program “Environmental Crime on the Coast” are the students:
- To get to know the ecosystem of the coast and the coastal dunes of the area of Akrotiri.
- Discover how the coastal dunes are created.
- To explore the relationship between biotic and abiotic factors and how they contribute to the creation of coastal dunes.
- To study the fauna and flora of the beaches and coastal sand dunes, the food relations between the organisms as well as the food web created by these organisms.
- To develop the ability to think critically through the investigation of anthropogenic pressures and threats.
- To realize the great ecological value of the coasts and to develop positive attitudes and values.
- Take individual and collective action to preserve coastal areas.