Post-Doctoral Research Positions at CYCERE
- Job Description
Cyprus Centre for Environmental Research and Education (CYCERΕ) is a non-profit educational and research institution, emphasizing international collaborations and cross-disciplinary research in the field of environmental research, environmental education and environmental awareness. CYCERE is coordinating the European Network for Environmental Citizenship (ENEC) which is active in 87 universities and research institutes from 38 countries with more than 130 academics, researchers and scientists involved. CYCERE participated in a number of European and National research projects.
CYCERE invites applications from Post-Doctoral Researchers for the following positions:
- Research Professor
- Research Assistant or Associate Professor
- Research Lecturer
- Post-Doctoral Researcher
Researchers will carry out research as members at the Research Department of CYCERE. The role of the above positions will be to conduct research in the field of Environmental Citizenship, Environmental Education and Citizen Science, and contribute to securing competitive funding related to the activities of the CYCERE.
The positions will be on a full-time or part-time basis for a fixed term of one year, renewable depending on performance and availability of funds. The successful candidates will be under the supervision of the Scientific Director of CYCERE.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to research development in the fields of Environmental Citizenship, Environmental Education and Citizen Science
- Contribute to the writing up of scientific publications
- Contribute to the writing up of research proposals
- Co-supervise research projects
- Job Requirements
- PhD in one of the following areas:
- Educational Sciences
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Sciences
- At least two peer-reviewed journal publications
- At least two conference presentations
- Experience with design, evaluation, implementation of educational programs
- Experience and excellent skills in statistical analysis (SPSS)
- Experience with desk-based research and database development
- Experience with the development of theoretical models
- Experience in writing up of research proposals
- Excellent knowledge of Greek and English, both verbal and writing
Preferred/Desirable Qualifications and Experience
Research experience in Environmental Citizenship, Environmental Education and Citizen Science.
For full consideration, interested applicants should submit their application at the Cyprus Centre for Environmental Research and Education JobBoard based on the instructions following below.
Applicants should submit:
- a Letter of Interest
- a Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- list of 2 References (including contact information)
All documentation should be in English and in PDF Format.
For further information, please contact only by e-mail Dr Andreas Hadjichambis, ([email protected]). Please note that applications which do not follow the announcement’s guidelines will not be considered.
Applicants fulfil the Qualifications will be invited for an interview.
Contact Person: Dr Andreas Hadjichambis, Scientific Director of CYCERE
Opening Date: March 16, 2020
Closing Date: April 10, 2020