The aims of the Environmental Education Program “Vegetable gardens: Reflection – Collaboration- Action” are the students to:
- Discover plant species suitable for planting in a vegetable.
- Create a suitable soil for planting their plants.
- Develop critical thinking through inquiring the reasons planting in the soil is important and how it can be affected by the corrosion phenomenon.
- Show individual and group actions aiming at the conservation and caring of their garden.
- Develop argument and decision making skills regarding their selection between conventional and organic agriculture vegetables.
- Realise the great distances covered as for food to be transferred to reach us (food miles) and develop critical position on vegetable selection.