The aims of the Environmental Education Program “Recycling, 5R – Sustainable Consumption,” are:
- To detect the several categories of the recyclable materials as well as the ecosystems where they come from.
- To investigate the four simple and effective ways for the production of less waste (4R: Refuse-Reduce-Recycle-Reuse).
- To develop a “Greed Code” that will provide them the criteria and the principles on which sustainable consuption is based on.
- To use the “Green Code” they developed and to understand the impacts of their choices.
- To undertake individual and collective action aiming sustainable consumption.